What Body Type are You?
Knowing your body type can be crucial in reaching your fitness goals. Whether your goal is to build muscle or lose fat, knowing what body type you are is the first step in moving towards reaching your goal. Knowing what body type you are will help you know if your body is carbohydrate sensitive or fat sensitive. By knowing this you can set up your diet accordingly so that you can get the best results in the gym. There are three different body types.
- Ectomorph – A person who has a hard time building muscle no matter how much they eat or how heavy they lift. Usually this person is naturally thin. Usually fat sensitive.
- Diet Recommendation – high carbohydrate diet (between 30-60%). Also can handle a higher calorie diet
- Mesomorph – A person that builds muscle fairly easy but also tends to hold on to stored fat more than an Ectomorph. A little bit more carb sensitive then an Ectomorph
- Diet Recommendation – 20-50% of diet consist of carbohydrates
- Building muscle goal – 40-50% carbohydrates
- Maintenance – 30-40% carbohydrates
- Fat Loss – 20-30%
- Endomorph – A person that builds muscle extremely easy but has to really watch their diet in order to stay lean. Usually more carb sensitive and does well with a high fat diet.
- Diet Recommendation – stick with lower carbohydrate percentage.
- 30-40% for Muscle Gain
- 20-30% for maintenance
- 10-20% for weight loss
- If you are interested in learning more about Macro Counting please contact Coach Tiersa to set up a private consultation. We also have a CrossFit Preferred Nutrition Group on Facebook. Please join if interested!
2017 03 26