CrossFit Preferred Happenings July 2022
IN THIS ISSUE…
- July 2022 CFP Nutrition Talk – 5 Tips to Eat Healthy on a Budget
- Athlete of the Month – Shelley Freeman
- Committed Club Winner 2nd Quarter & June!
- Athlete’s Corner
- CrossFit Preferred Calendar of Events!
- The Preferred Experience Podcast
- Welcome New Members
- Birthdays & Member Anniversaries
Nutrition Talk With Tiersa & Meghan
Mark your calendars for Monday 7/25 for Tiersa and Meghan’s Nutrition talk!
It can be so easy to go through the drive thru during a busy day or just quickly ordering a pizza. This months talk will give you 5 easy tips to make eating at home easier and more accessible.
Today’s member spotlight goes out to Meghan’s nutrition client Shelley Freeman! Shelley has done such a great job with being consistent with her habits and also coming into the gym even though she’s been dealing with a shoulder issue.
Shelley started working with Meghan on her nutrition back in April and she had dropped 6% BF and gained 1lb in muscle!
Before working with Meghan Shelley was already knowledgeable with Carbs, Fats and Proteins but she did trust her hunger pangs. She says, “I ignored them but would then over eat later or eat junk in response to stress.”
As she started to get into working out she found a reason to fuel her body properly and working with Meghan reoriented her approach by paying attention to hunger, refueling after workouts, what a plate should look like and being reminded until it became a habit.
Shelley says, “The #1 thing nutrition coaching helped me learn the most was to eat appropriately when hungry.”
Committed Club Winner For 2nd Quarter & June!
Second Quarter Raffle Winner is Derek Sovchik!
Derek your 1/2 month credit will be applied in Wodify!
June 2022 Monthly Raffle Winner is Taylor Troutt!!
Taylor Your $50 retail credit will be applied in Wodify!
Congratulations Taylor and Derek!!
We love seeing all of you work towards attending at least 15 classes or doing at home workouts in a month!
Learn more about the Committed Club @
Congratulations to Richard Prescott for completing the Spartan Super in Utah July 9th! It is a 10K Spartan Race with 25 Obstacles! He had a blast doing this race!
We have a huge Spartan Weekend coming up in Arizona in November. See the details below and join our Spartan SGX Team at CrossFit Preferred!
CrossFit Preferred Calendar of Events
- Nutrition Talks are the last Monday of each month – Join Tiersa, Meghan and Jaclyn Monday July 25th at 6:00pm
We are so excited to announce we are going to be doing a gym paddleboarding night in August!
When: August 12thWhere: We will be meeting at 4:30p at Goldfield.We will be floating from Goldfield to Granite, this float will take 2 hours.Other details: Board rentals will be through No Snow for $40 + tax. If you have your own board or water craft you are welcome to bring it. We are limiting this to age 14+ to make sure we can all stay together.Click the link in our bio to sign up!Click the link in our bio to rent a paddle board.
- Second and third Thursday of every month – Olympic Lifting Technique Day 2022 is off to a great start at CrossFit Preferred! We have a fun year all planned out and we can’t wait to see all that each of you improve and accomplish this year!
- Spartan Trifecta Event Weekend! November 19th-20th, 2022 We will have a big group for this Spartan Weekend! They will have the Sprint, Super and Beast distance available this weekend! Learn more @ https://race.spartan.com/en/race/detail/7600/overview
The Preferred Experience Podcast
Did you know that CrossFit Preferred has a podcast! It is available on any of your favorite podcast platforms including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube and many more!
Listen to our latest episode:
Listen on your favorite podcast platform!
Welcome New Members for May!
Birthdays & Member’s Anniversaries
Chelsi Jo Moore July 1st
Joshua Sawyer July 3rd
David Markovich July 8th
Joseph Arreola July 13th
Noalia Cole July 14th
Mindy Schooley July 20th
Richard Weisenberg July 24th
Clay Oliver July 24th
Rick Corbett July 28th
Shelby Geohagan July 31st
2022 07 24