CrossFit Preferred News April 11th – 16th, 2016
[vc_row delay=”0″][vc_column][vc_empty_space][vc_custom_heading text=”CrossFit Preferred News ” font_container=”tag:h3|font_size:32px|text_align:left|line_height:1.2″ google_fonts=”font_family:Montserrat%3Aregular%2C700|font_style:700%20bold%20regular%3A700%3Anormal”][vc_empty_space height=”10px”][vc_custom_heading text=”April 11th, 2016″ font_container=”tag:h6|font_size:16px|text_align:left|line_height:1.0″ google_fonts=”font_family:Droid%20Sans%3Aregular%2C700|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text delay=”0″]This week at CrossFit Preferred:
- Competition Training
- We will now be offering a Competition Training Program for those that are interested in following. It will coincide with regular class times but will have extra strength and heavier weight on the metcons. You will see slight changes but overall it will be something you can do with the regular class during the metcons and add in the extra stuff before or after class. Their will be a designated Comp training time M,T,TH from 6-8 pm.
- SWAG Competition
- We are still accepting all design ideas for our new CrossFit Preferred SWAG! Deadline is this Friday April 15th. This does not have to be fancy. Just spend a few minutes putting something together and email your designs to firstname.lastname@example.org and kris@crossfitpreferred,com. We would love for all to participate. Please see an example below.
- Inner Gym Competition
- We are EXCITED to announce that we will be having an inner gym competition and BBQ on May 14th. More details to come. Time to start building your strength and pushing yourself in your workouts so you can proudly represent CrossFit Preferred!!
- T-Shirt Orders
- We will be ordering girls muscle T’s (light grey and dark grey), and mens black T’s with our new logo on Tues. April 19th. We are taking special orders for these shirts NOW!! We will not be ordering extras so if your interested in either of these shirts please email email@example.com or let one of your coaches know by Tuesday night. We will have a sample of each of these T’s at the gym so you can look at them. Price is $25 plus tax. If you are paying cash, total is $26.95
- Congratulations to those that competed in the Spring Fling Competition yesterday.
- Bret Baker and Tony Quintero placed 8th mens team division
- Michael Johnson and Eddie Aguirre placed 24th in the mens team division
- Their was some really great athletes at this competition and we are proud of our CrossFit Preferred Athletes!!
[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text delay=”0″]Here is the training plan for this week;
A. Take 15 minutes to build to a heavy bottoms ups front squat
B. Snatch. Take a set every 2 min.
5X2 Power Snatch @ 70-75%
5×2 2 Snatch Lift-Offs + 1 Snatch @ 80-85% of 1-RM
(Snatch Lift-Off = floor to mid-patella, then pause for 1 second, then return to the floor)
3X1 Halting Snatch Deadlift + 2 Snatch Pulls @ 85-90%
Every minute on the minute for 18 minutes:
Minute 1: 8-10 Alternating Back Rack Reverse Lunges RX @ 135/95 (RX+ @ 185/125)
Minute 2: 8-10 Supinated-Grip Strict Pull-Ups
Minute 3: 20/15 Calorie Row (Sub 200 m run)
A. Front Squat + Split Jerk
2X1 @ 60-70% of 1-RM Clean & Jerk
2×1 @ 70-75%
2X1 @ 75-80%
B. Every 2 minutes, for 12 minutes (6 sets) of:
2 Power Cleans + 1 Power Jerk
3×1@ 70-75% of 1-RM Clean & Jerk
3X1 @ 75-80%
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes:
Minute 1 – 8 Handstand Push-Ups (strict if able)
Minute 2 – 30 second L-sit
Minute 3 – 40 Double-Unders
2X 400 m sprints 1:1 rest
(Competitors: 800 m easy, 400 hard, 800 easy, 400 hard, 800 easy)
:20 work :10 rest
1 min rest between exercises
A. Take 5 minutes to work on “chicken pluckers” or HS progressions
10 reps @ 50% of 1-RM
10 reps @ 60%
10 reps @ 65%
8 reps @ 70%
6 reps @ 80%
Rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
Row 1000 Meters
50 Thrusters (45/33 lbs)
Three sets, not for time, of:
8 Good Mornings
8 Reverse pull-up
A. Build to a today’s heaviest set, rest as needed
Hang Snatch + Snatch + Overhead Squat
Rest as needed
B.Strict Overhead Press
5 reps @ 50%
5 reps @ 60%
5 reps @ 70%
3X3 reps @ 85-90%
10 reps @ 65-70%
Rest 2 minutes between sets.
Choose the same load for all three sets of 3 reps. The load used should be challenging to successfully press for three, but if you have more than one failed rep it is too heavy.
Complete as many rounds as possible in 6 minutes:
10 Burpee Box Jump-Overs (24″/20″)
15 Handstand Push-Ups (Strict if able)
25 Wall Ball Shots (30/20 lbs)
Rest 4 minutes, and then repeat one more time.
Every 4 minutes, for 32 minutes (8 sets):
Run 200 Meters
15 Kettlebell Swings
10 Dumbbell Push Press
REST 3 minutes
COMPETITORS: “Nasty Girls”
3 Rounds for Time:
50 air squats
7 Muscle Ups
10 Hang Power Cleans (135/85)
Have a great week![/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row]
2016 09 08