121. 5 Murph Workout Tips
“Murph” is a CrossFit Hero Workout that many CrossFit gyms around the world and country perform to celebrate the life of LT. Michael P. Murphy who was a Navy Seal. He heroically gave up his life to save his Navy Seal brothers on a mission in Afghanistan.
We will be doing this workout at the gym Monday May 30th on Memorial Day. It is a challenging workout like all of the Hero Workouts we do in CrossFit. These workouts are meant to be hard and will push you but more importantly they are to remember those that served and died for our countries freedom.
1 Mile Run
300 Air Squats
1 Mile Run
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites, and he’d named it “Body Armor.” From here on it will be referred to as “Murph” in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty-pound vest or body armor, wear it.
Here are 5 tips to help you do your best:
- As you do this workout focus on the reason we do this workout. Remember those that served and died for our country.
- Pace yourself! Choose a pace that you can hold and do your best. Do not worry about what someone else is doing!
- Choose what way you want to complete the workout and stick to that plan.- With a vest (Body Armor) or without a weight vest (slick)
– Straight through the workout or partition the workout?Many will be doing 20 Rounds of 5 Pull Ups, 10 Push-Ups and 15 Air Squats.
Other ways include:
2/4/6 for 50 Rounds
3/6/9 for 33 Rounds + 1 Round of 1/2/3
10/20/30 for 10 Rounds
20/40/60 for 5 Rounds
100/200/300 for 1 Round 😳
- Hydrate before and after this workout. We will be doing this workout earlier in the morning but it will still be hot!
- Be present, proud of yourself and enjoy the time with everyone that is pushing themselves and doing their best!
Click the link to get started on the best hour of your day! Today! 💦
IT DOESN’T TAKE A MIRACLE. IT TAKES A PLAN! 🏋️♀️
2022 05 18