098. Improve Your Health By Getting Outside
How many hours per day do you spend staring at a screen? For most Americans it is over 10 hours per day! That means many of us are spending less time outside. Is that helping our health?
I have found that when I spend time on a trail or even a walk in my neighborhood my mind has more clarity on different topics and I am able to focus on what is most important to me. Many times I will stop and take notes on the thoughts I am having.
In an article on CrossFit.com Chardae Mara, RN, shares how spending just 15-20 minutes outside three times per week can contribute to a host of physical and psychological benefits, including:
- An increase in natural killer cells, which support the immune system, prevent cancer, and speeds recovery.
- A decrease in heart disease risk, blood pressure, and heart rate
- A reduction in stress hormones, depression, and anxiety
- An improvement in some attention deficit disorders.
Longer exposures are important as well. Spending a full day outside can create benefits that last up to 30 days!
Try these tips to start bringing nature into your regular routine:
- Detach from your devices daily.
- Find green space, even if it’s not in a remote location, and take time to engage all five senses (touch, sight, hearing, smell and taste)
- Use phone calls or coffee breaks as an opportunity to take a short walk outside.
- And finally, take off-the-grid vacations when possible to maximize your exposure to nature.
You can listen to this on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or on your favorite podcast platform!
Click the link in to get started on the best hour of your day! Today! 💦
Checkout our sponsor LeSueur Car Company for sales and service @ http://www.usedvwaudi.com
2021 12 08